Sunday 28 February 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY


I was very happy and surprised to receive six Valentine's cards this year, one of them was for our whole family. I had never had a Valentine's card before and never expected to get one. In England St Valentine's Day is thought of as a romantic event so people would usually only send cards to their romantic partners or somebody that they hope might become their romantic partner.
In the United States there appears to be a different view of St Valentine's Day our US friends send cards and gifts to their friends and family. Why have we never thought about this, its a wonderful thing to do, what a wonderful opportunity to show the people who mean the most to you that you love them. I know that some people might be cynical about this and say it is a wonderful opportunity for card manufacturers to make money, but hey come on folks its lovely to get Valentine's cards and know that people care about you, so resist the temptation to be cynical and copy our US pals. Show people that you care about them and remember you don't have to wait till Valentine's Day lets show everyone we love how we feel while we have the chance.
So readers this is my message, you all mean a lot to me I am so happy that you are my friends and I love all of you lots and lots.

6 comments:

  1. WOW Kolo, you got such wonderful cards! Mookie received some as well and the one from Sid was for me too! That made me so happy, as I never received any mail before! It's so simple to bring a smile to the people you care about! I love you and my pal Leroy! I'm so happy we met! Hugs! >:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww ths beary nise mesage kolo nd wee shud all bee happi nd tell pals wee luvs them mmoor! -hug hug- i glad yew got lots ov luvly cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful entry!!! You are a wise baboon!!! We Europeans should celebrate V-Day with our friends too!!! I was as surprised as you to receive V-Day cards!!! V-Day should become a friendship fest over here as well!!! BIGGEST HUGS to you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey, that's a nice set of thorts there my pal. Great idea. I shall send evevrywun a card next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your waves across the pond! Glad your Valentine's Day was fun! You're a nice friend!

    ReplyDelete

FOUNDING MEMBER